My office is now accepting applications for the 2019 class of the Greater Prince William Young Leaders Program.
The Greater Prince William Young Leaders Program will afford six to eight exceptional high school juniors and seniors from the 29th Senate District the opportunity to travel to Richmond during the General Assembly Session and learn about leadership and the legislative process.
Potential activites may include:
- Meeting with the Governor, Lt. Governor, and/or members of the Governors Cabinet for discussions about government and policy
- Observing committee hearings and floor debate on bills
- Historic tours the Virginia State Capital and the Governor's Mansion
- Panel discssion with advocates, lobbyists, and key players in advancing legislative initiatives
- Other meetings and meals with myself, local members of the House of Delegates, and staff
Students will depart for Richmond on Sunday, January 27, 2019 and return on Tuesday, January 29, 2019. This opportunity comes at no cost to the students. My office will provide all transportation, lodging, meals, and daily activities.
Applications are due online by midnight on Friday, December 21, 2018. The application can be found at this link: https://goo.gl/forms/G6QYp8KgSwjhaoGr2
To determine if you live in the 29th Senate District, please use this website: https://whosmy.virginiageneralassembly.gov
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact my office at 571-316-0581 or email@example.com.